Thursday, June 16, 2011

Here's the thing about "bald"


In the dictionary the word "bald" has a few definitions. One of them is "lacking a natural or usual covering (as of hair, vegetation, or nap). Recently, my daughter has become lacking in usual covering...she cut her own hair. Really, really short. We went to the salon (which I promptly called as soon as I stopped crying) and got it as fixed as is possible. It will have to remain without usual covering in some parts until it grows back. Before and after pics are available to those on my mailing list. It is here you may apply for e-mailing list-ness. Just give me an address where you may be reached. Some call this self shearing a right of passage for children, others have comments more negative in nature, I don't really know where I stand. I mean, some kids do it and some don't. I did...twice!
I had a good cry and now I'm over it. She's such a good little girl. Perhaps she'll make a profession out of her adventurousness.
Did any of you ever cut your own hair as a child?

2 comments:

  1. I cut my hair and hid it in different places all over the house. haha Good times. Hope it grows back fast! I want to be on the list! hillariousg@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. melissakaupanger@yahoo.com

    Love you Mandie!!!!

    ReplyDelete